Friday, January 10, 2014

Funny Money

I love a good challenge as much as a crazy conspiracy theory.

For a couple of weeks I've heard people on Twitter say how much the portrait of Sir Wilfrid Laurier (my favourite Canadian Prime Minister) looks like Stephen Harper on the new $5 bill. Frankly, I didn't see it. True, it was a crummy portrait of Laurier on the new bill and an odd choice for someone whose looks are iconic and immediately recognizable, but I didn't see any resemblance to our current Panamanian strongman of a prime minister.

So for fun I got out my handy Photoshop and simply plastered Stephen Harper's hair and glasses on Laurier with no other changes. Here are the surprising results...

I'll never doubt the conspiracy nuts again.

For good measure I came up with my own design for the reverse of the $5 bill, just to make sure it was consistent.


I think I preferred the good old days when you could turn Laurier into someone equally emotionless as Spock...